SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

antenna 80m

2 posters

Go down

antenna 80m Empty Re: antenna 80m

Post by admin Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello Valentin,
Thank you very much for your mail. In a couple of days I will be travelling on business again, so please address all technical questions to https://sm0vpo.forumotion.com where you will get a quick answer (account created for you as requested . details sent via e-mail).

As regards the question, it sounds like a nice idea, but the antennas must be very accurately tuned to the + and - frequencies, and they must be spaced a little bit apart (0.2 wavelength?), That is if you use the director/reflector principle as you suggest.

It could possibly be better to have more than one driven element and phase them to give you directional properties, just as they do with LTE mobile telephone with "beam forming" antennas.

But I like the idea, it could be some food for thought.

If you need any assistance logging into the forum then please let me know. Also welcome to the SM0VPO forum :-)

Best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed gooder grammer)

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

antenna 80m Empty antenna 80m

Post by ur5med Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 pm

<posted by Harry from mail from Valentin>

Dear Harold, I repeated the design of your loop antenna at the 80 meter range. I was able to conduct a radio communication in the JT65 mode on this antenna for a distance of 3000 kilometers.
If you complete your design with the same frame director and reflector and adjust them accordingly, then you can get a small-sized directional antenna for a range of 80 meters and get some gain.
What can you say about this antenna design?
I will be very grateful for your reply.

Sincerely, Valentin / UR5MED /

<Valentin now has an account :-) >

ur5med

Back to top Go down