SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum permissions changed

Go down

Forum permissions changed Empty Re: Forum permissions changed

Post by admin Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:38 pm

No SPAM, no misuse.
The new rules will be permanent.

So now guests can reply and post new messages (but no links).

Best regards Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Permissions for all public forums updated as of now :-)

The new anti-SPAM rules for guests are:
- You CAN create a new topic :-)
- You CAN reply to existing topics :-)
- You must pass a picture test to prove you are a real, living, person
- You can NOT post links
- Offensive and certain key words, such as "www.sm0vpo.com", are converted to a link

I hope that this works out ok and is a good solution. Cool
So please feel free to participate in the forum, ask questions, give the benefit of your experience, and most of all, have fun. Remember that there are no stupid questions.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO - EA/SM0VPO

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 28, 2017 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update with rules)

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum permissions changed Empty Forum permissions changed

Post by admin Sun May 28, 2017 10:22 pm

A few yers ago I changed the forum permissions to deny guests to reply and create new topics, because of the SPAM that the forum attracted. This I have changed this evening on a trial basis.

Now all guests can reply to posts and create their own new posts. I am trying to restore interest in the forum and believe that this action could attract more visitors to the forum.

In the event that there are any new topics or replies, then I will automatically get a notification and I will review all new guest posts. I know that if I look for gardening, cars, legal or other forums, then I usually find another forum if one has to register. I already have a huge username/password list for emails, sites, and I hate it. I had thought that I had opened the forum for guests a while ago, but apparently this 65-year-old brain failed me once again. I am sure this brain has a mind of its own!

If you should see any commercial adverts, or you think any posting has unsuitable content, then please let me know at:
british.inteligence.sweden@sm0vpo.com (yes! it IS a valid address. Yes! "Inteligence" is misspelled :-)  That e-mail address is flagged for immediate action.

Finally, links to http://www.sm0vpo.com are not to be counted as SPAM. I am also adding a few key word-replacements to make SPAM non-effective.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO - EA/SM0VPO

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down