SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LiPo pouch cells

2 posters

Go down

LiPo pouch cells Empty I have got a source now :-)

Post by admin Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Go to the local rubish dump and make a pretence of throwing away a few mobile phones in the electronic or battery wast bin, but lift a few out instead of putting stuff in.

Ericsson T18 have round cells, but T28 and nealy all the latest telephones have 1000mA/h LiPo pouch batteries in there. Just break them apart from the telephones plastic housing and there they are. These modern cells are so advanced that they have an amazing power/weight ratio. My little 3ch helicopter had an in-built 120mA/h (C10)battery but a 1100mA/h htc telephone battery runs the heli for 50 minutes :-)

You can charge them from the USB port but you MUST use a 1N4001 diode in series to drop the voltage a bit. That way the charging stops when the battery voltage rises to 4.3V. Otherwise they get burned up by the USB's 5V 1A output.

Just thought I wouls share a bit of info :-)

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

LiPo pouch cells Empty Re: LiPo pouch cells

Post by admin Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks Runem, I will have a go at that in the morning. Many thanks for the link.

I need these because I deal with spy and electronic toys, but the weakest link is always these batteries. Some customers plug them in the USB-port as a charger and blow the cells up. They also have a very limited shelf-life.

I still have here a camera Maj-Lis bought me, and an older MP3 player that only lacking an internal batteries.

BR Harry
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runem Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 pm

I was trying to post a link to some batteries on ebay but was not allowed.. That's the only source i know of so far.
Try a search for "80MAH 1S 20C MAX 40C 3.7V Toy helicopter LIPO PACK" on ebay.

Runem

Back to top Go down

LiPo pouch cells Empty LiPo pouch cells

Post by admin Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

I am also trying to source LiPo pouch cells. These are the little packets that are about 23mm x 23mm and about 4mm thick. Usually silver coloured and have two wires poking out of the plastic pouch. These are the little beasties they often use in model helicopters (Silverlite, etc).

1 - I need to find a source that has a thickness of about 18mm x 18mm and 2.5mm or less thickness and with a capacity of 60 to 80mA/H or so.

2 - I also have a more urgent need for a capacity 160 to 200mA/H 25mm x 25mm and 4mm thick, can be thicker.

I have seen these for sale at $10 each, but I think that this is a bit expensive. I have been told that these can be available for as little as US$2 each providing one is prepared to buy several (eg 30 pieces). Does anyone have any knowledge or ideas? Item #1 can be more expensive as I only need three or four pieces for a specific project.

Thanks in advance - Harry - SM0VPO
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down