SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really, just RF oscillators in general?

2 posters

Go down

Really, just RF oscillators in general? Empty Re: Really, just RF oscillators in general?

Post by Ivan Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Jupiter,
it is nearly the same as building a single-band HF CW ham transmitter. (The power limit for hams us usually between 500W and 2kW.) It is not a task for beginners. Maybe you can employ a ready-made PA ? 

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Really, just RF oscillators in general? Empty Really, just RF oscillators in general?

Post by Jupiter Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:02 am

I'm designing and building a Cyclotron. But in particular I need to build an RF oscillator sub system for the machine. I've spent much of my time researching circuits and electronics but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around RF oscillators. What I need to build is a stable frequency roughly 5 MHz non-biased oscillator and then amplify its signal to around 300-400 watts. I've looked into specifically Clapp oscillators and Tube amplifiers. I could really use a person with experience to help me. Can anybody please direct me in the right direction?

Email me at sbmichanco@aol.com

Jupiter

Back to top Go down