SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters

3 posters

Go down

A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters Empty Re: A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters

Post by admin Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm

I just want to add that the oscillators on that page are all local oscillators for the ZN414 receiver.

If you want a better quality then the ZN414 (MK494) is now obsolete, but you can use the TDA7000 and make an FM system. The TDA7000 can be overloaded, but it is a lot more tolerant that the ZN414.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters Empty Re: A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters

Post by Magranon Sun May 04, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look around and post if I have any more questions later.

Magranon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun May 04, 2014 10:26 am

Hi,
an antenna should be attached to the TX output, but I expect there is an sole oscillator on the schematic. You will need to add a modulator (resp. encoder) and PA on its output to make a usable RC TX. Harry has all the schematics you need scattered across his pages. 

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters Empty A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters

Post by Magranon Sat May 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Hello,

I was looking to build a RX and TX with encoders from scratch for an upcoming RC plane project. After a whole lot of searching, I stumbled upon a few of Harry Lythall's radio schematics, which seemed like they could easily perform the functions I needed. But I'm unsure if I have understood the circuits enough, so I have a few questions.

1) On the circuit of the crystal controlled RX for 27 MHz there's no mention of an antenna, so would it be possible to attach an antenna to increase the effectiveness of the remote? 

A Few Questions Regarding Radio Receivers and Transmitters Zn414-m2

2) Would I be creating a feasible transmitter and receiver by constructing and connecting this transmitter with this encoder, and connecting this receiver with this decoder?

Any tips or useful information about these circuits would also be greatly appreciated. Smile

Thank you in advance

Magranon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down