SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Thruline Wattmeter "slugs" (metering elements)

Go down

Bird Thruline Wattmeter "slugs" (metering elements) Empty Bird Thruline Wattmeter "slugs" (metering elements)

Post by admin Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:49 am

Hello all,

I have just begun using my trusty Bird THRULINE WATTMETER model 4410.

I have not been using it much since I only have a limited selection of elements "slugs" that determine the power handling and frequency band. The lowest frequency slug I have is 100MHz, but I would really like to get the 4410-3 2-30MHz for HF use.The 100-200MHz slug gives me a reading so I can at least check the VSWR, even if the power reading cannot be relied upon.

I have found them on e-bay but the prices are something like US$200 for a 2nd-user unit, and over US$350 for a new unit (plus 25% customs duty and another US$15 customs handling charges to get it into Sweden). Does anyone have an HF slug that they want to get rid of? Used, New, Old, dirty, scratched, condition is irrelevant, as long as it works.
Bird Thruline Wattmeter "slugs" (metering elements) 42544
If anyone has one then I have a duplicate 200-1000MHz 1kW slug in "as new" condition. perhaps we could do a swap?

Alternately, since I have a duplicate, can anyone remove the plastic back off the element and let me have a photo? Perhaps I could "butcher" my duplicate and re-build it for 2-30MHz. I am not so interested in exact accuracy. If I can get 5% then I will be happy.

I also believe that the Bird model 43 elements are compatible. I know that they are electrically compatible, but there could be calibration issues - that is not a problem for me.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum