SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HHH and the lightning

2 posters

Go down

HHH and the lightning Empty Re: HHH and the lightning

Post by DragonForce Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:15 am

For what it's worth, the main site is down to me also.

I'm sure Harry will get it sorted out - probably just needs a shilling in the gas meter or something Smile

http://www.dragonchat.net/

Back to top Go down

HHH and the lightning Empty Site down

Post by power1 Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 am

Cannot access your site lately.  I looked up the IP address corresponding to your site name and it is resolving to somewhere in Sweden but there seems to be nothing connected at your end.  If you are having trouble with attempted hacking then you can place your site onto a locked memory card if using an R-Pi, just configure your router to map port 80 requests to whatever port the Pi is making available at it's local IP, much like you would when setting up an IP surveillance camera system.  Many modern routers have the function to reject requests from addresses that are scanning ports.  Remember to disable remote administration on the router too - many times this is forgotten, I have accessed routers on IP addresses close to my own, and found that not only is remote admin enabled but the default user name and password has not been changed Shocked - very worrying, especially when the net connection details contain the users telephone number Embarassed

power1

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:27 pm

... and now it is working. I should have cloned the MAC address to keep the same IP-address. Never mind. It is done and running again.

BR Harry

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

HHH and the lightning Empty HHH and the lightning

Post by admin Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi all,
It seems to happen about every year that something happens. I had a modem blown up by lightning, then the computer blew up. The replacement computer runs with the fan at 100%. Now I am running a RaspberryPi since Christmas all seemed to be fine, until today.

In this life there are three things that are certain:
1 - birth
2 - death
3 - hard disk failure
Guess which has happened? (not an original quote)

The HD in my IP-Cop firewall has just joined the holy order of deceased electronic wizardry. Now I am (temporarily) running an old D-link router/firewall but I had to change the modem to get it working. this means I got a different IP address (81.227.190.113) and so it willtake a few hours for the domain to update to the new address.

I suppose it was for the best as there was an awfull lot of hacking attempts, about every 20 seconds, 24/7 looking for open ports. I think Imust ha´ve blocked 1/2 of China in the firewall.

But my little RPI is still hacking away quite merrily and the hardware FW/Router seems to be doing a nice job. Pity I do not get any decent stats, just trends.

So if you are wondering where HHH went then now you know.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum