SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bucket bragade Ic'c

2 posters

Go down

Bucket bragade Ic'c Empty Re: Bucket bragade Ic'c

Post by Jalex2 Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Ruud 
Thanks  I will have to put the scope on it and check it out closer but I am afraid it is the chip.  So far I have repaired it all with just a simple audio signal tracer. There we 22 other bad chips in it as it had been hit with a power surge and most of the chips were 4000 series CMOS but it sounds really good now.

Jalex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruud Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:48 am

It is a long time ago that I used them...
If I remember correctly, you needed two (antiphase) clock signals.
There was an analog input signal and the output signal was also audio. (Apart from the filtering to remove the clock signal components.)
IMHO, if you have a good input signal and the clock signals are there, there should be an output signal. If not, there is something wrong with the chip!
Ruud
Ruud

http://www.vansteenisaudio.nl

Back to top Go down

Bucket bragade Ic'c Empty Bucket bragade Ic'c

Post by Jalex2 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone here could explain a little about them to me.  I have the basics but I am having trouble identifying if they are good or bad in circuit.   If you have an input and there is no output is there anything other than a bad chip or missing power supply that could cause this. If the oscillator is not working correctly do they still put out a sound or not and what should I run tests on .  The manual I have gives no waveforms or anything but power and parts values so it's not much help. 
 This circuit in in a old analogue Lowery Organ but they were used on many other musical instruments.

Jalex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum