SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorrow - having an empty shack!!

2 posters

Go down

Sorrow - having an empty shack!! Empty Re: Sorrow - having an empty shack!!

Post by admin Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm

I have a little 10MHz digital storage oscilloscope that I bought from China. It fits in my shirt pocket. I also have a TTI 2702 2.7GHz analyser, plus a PIC/DDS signal generator. I also have an audio sig-gen app in my telephone, so I am not totally without gear. All my tools, iron, and gear fit into a briefcase. So to be honest I am not totally without.

I have a few plans but those I cannot speak about for the moment ;-)

Best regards from harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Runem Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Sad to hear all your stash had to go, but that's how it is sometimes. But for how long time are you going to live your life without resistors Harry? You're not going to hide them away from Maj-Lis in a shoe box under the bed, are you?  pirat 
Well, not that anyone cares, but here the equipment is rolling in. A new bench voltmeter (Agilent 34461A) and a new scope also (Agilent DSO-X 2022A) is on the shelves.
*Want to buy my old Rigol DS1052E scope? rabbit 

* I don't know if I want to sell it actually. It's such a nice scope to drag around if I need to.

Runem

Back to top Go down

Sorrow - having an empty shack!! Empty Sorrow - having an empty shack!!

Post by admin Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi everyone, and I really do mean both of you.

As you were probably aware, Maj-Lis and I began taking adventurous holidays in Spain. We have decided to make a dramatic change to our lives and have a lot more fun.

We extended our mortgage to the full value of the house and will be renting out this house to pay the mortgage and provide some income. We intend to have a "blooming good time" with the money before we both kick the bucket.

We have though that we are spending all our income and spare time on this old house, and not doing anything that we like. I want more time for hamradio and Maj-Lis needs to have more time in the sun with her arthritis. So now we are seeking an apartment so I can continue to work in Sweden, but we will be having a lot more time and money to enjoy life: we cannot take our house with us so we are getting the benefit of it all now.

Unfortunately this meant tidying up the house and even having a new road built to replace the one Pelle Plutt blocked. We have had loads of photographs taken of the house and put into various advertising pages. We have had viewings and such, but in the end we will be renting out the house.

So now someone else will have all the hassle of maintaining it. UNFORTUNATELY all my antennas have had to come down. The workshop is empty and all my electronic bits'n-pieces (a garage-full) has gone of the city dump or been otherwise disposed of: the shack is empty! I only have a 10MHz dipole remaining, mainly because I cannot reach it and I am not fit enough to climb up there. Even the spectrum analyzer has gone.

Now we have more time I can do a bit more with the homepages, but things will be a bit limited without a workshop at home.

My next article will be "Hamradio for the deaf" and I hope to upload it before the weekend. Unfortunately the article will be the first of several that are more novels and advice than practical, but I still hope to have a bit of fun until I can get settled in a nice quite place where I can have a workshop. I will try my best and if I can use the workshop at work then there may be a few smaller practical projects.

I have about 4 years left B4 retirement but I may not make it that long. I may have to retire earlier, but that will mean a modest workshop.

Ok, then now you know what has happened to Harry. If you look at my homepages you can see what I mean. Click on "Alla bilder" (all pictures) to see our house as it is now :-)  Some pictures were taken from my telephone and some were taken from a helicopter. All the internal photos are professionally done.

http://w4.objektdata.se/pregen/305/OBJ18185_1310582305/wp.htm

very best regards from Harry

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum