SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the last word

4 posters

Go down

the last word Empty Re: the last word

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi Jim,
as Harry has already said: there are no dumb questions here.

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalex2 Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Ivan
I just wanted to say Hi, Glad to hear from you again. 
I thought maybe every one here got tired of all my dumb questions. LOL
I really did enjoy all I learned from you guys as I do a lot of sometimes
strange new ideas. I like building things you just can't go down and buy for next to nothing.
  Jim

Jalex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Jim,
after I lost and totally forgot my password, I had no access to the forum for a long time. I could not change my password by myself. After Harry helped me, I am back and I have sent some posts here.

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

hi Jim,
Nice to hear from you. Ivan is still around, but like myself and many others he is being occupied to do things that he would rather not do. I know the feeling of having one's private life fully occupied with what I call "haftas" (haf ta do). but now I am making the time for the forum.

Sorry I cannot be so helpful regarding the wurlitzer. Maybe it would be worth you while posting an ad to blocket / ebay, or even adding a "wanted component" to AliExpress.com? I am sure there will be Chinese entrepreneurs in Guanzchou willing to copy a chip for you? Do you want me to put an AD on my homepages for the SW? If so then let me have some VERY brief description.

I cannot say that I don't believe in ghosts, but I have never seen one. But then again I have never seen magnetism, an electron, Father Christmas or God. but more than 70% of the world's population believe in God, so why not Lucifer, angels or ghosts? There are a lot of things in this universe that we have yet to discover. We keep devising new scientific theories to explain phenomena, such as the Phlogiston theorum (all combustable matter is composed of phlogiston and ash - fire only separates them). So believe me, I cannot contradict you.

ok on the Hamradio and CB radio. I did once get into CB, but after receiving a lecture from a "breaker" that in stead of saying "no" I should sy "that's a negatory". I replied, "yes, that supository". The guy never spoke to me again!!

But hamradio means playing with things that are interesting, being creative and bending existing practices to make something fun.

Gotta go now, but I have written to Ivan and told hime that he is asked after on the forum.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalex2 Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi Harry
Yes it is very nice to hear from you again.
How is Ivan, I haven't heard form him in a long time ether.

On The Wurlitzer I have exhausted all the resources I can find on it.
There is only one place here in the US called Morelocks that has a few parts but noting like the Eproms or firmware for them and it uses 32 of them for it's rhythms and voices. I was told that the firmware was copy protected and I couldn't get copies of it but I can't believe that would make a difference as old as that thing is.
All the Read/Write signals are exactly what the manual shows so it almost has to be the Waveform prom.

The emf meters that they use for paranormal investigation are just wide band amplifiers that measure LF signal strength. Something like about 100hz to less than a mhz

I don't have any ghosts here in my new house but it's hard for most to believe so don't laugh, LOL I did in my old house, I saw things levitate in the air about 4 feet off the floor. My wife and I both watched this and I was also told there was a portal
upstairs. I saw so many strange things on my scope that I called in the FCC from Portland ,Oregon to look around and he brought all his spectrum analyzers and equipment in then told me he had never seen anything like that.  All this was kinda funny when I look back on it but it's true. LOL  

I really never got into Ham radio but I did a lot of radio repair during the CB Craze.
I also used them a lot too as I was driving truck pulling a set of doubles in California at the time.
 Jim

Jalex2

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello Jalex,
Nice of you to pop into the forum. As you know I have been somewhat occupied over the past couple of years, but I am trying to resurect the forum, and also updating the homepages on a more regular basis. But it is nice to see you back here :-)

Interesting on the EMF meter. Is it an RF detector and level meter based on the bargraph display? Tell us more?

I am sorry but I know nothing about the Wurlitzer Omni 600 so I cannot help you. Have you tried the manufacturer? I know that there are often radio hams in technical positions and they often help you, such as the guy who helped me get the SW for the Sony HD CCD camera module.

I think they jave a page on http://wurlitzer.de/ and I see a telephone number in the UK: +44 (0) 1367 711900
Abbeychart, Unit 1B
White Horse Business Park, SN7 8NY
+44 (0) 1367 710807
You never know, drop them a line with a plea for help. Tell them you are renovating an old instrument and see if they can help you. They can only say "no" at worst. They also have an online e-mail page at http://193.189.75.166/~wurlitzer/#contact_us

So it is nice to see you back online. How long is it now? Must be a couple of years.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalex2 Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi Harry
I just wanted to say Hi.We haven't talked in a very long time now.
How have you been. I am fine
Lately I been playing around with building a EMF meter just for fun, You Know like the ghost busters use. LOL Some thing based around the LM3914 chip. I thought I would use a fet input because of the short antenna they use. 
  I have also been working on an Old Wurlitzer Omni 6000 Organ designed by Hohner. I think it has a bad Prom chip but I can't find any programs to burn onto new eproms. Do you know any one I could email for a little help. It was built in the 80's. It was hit by a power surge and I have it all working now except for the voices.

Jalex2

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:58 am

Hello Densil,
The whole object about the forum is:
- to ask questions about my homepages
- to ask "anyone who knows" for their help/advice
- Post information of interest

Yes, I do have the last word if I answer questions.
I do have the last word if I have the information to help others.
I do have the last word when I thank people for contributing.

If you participate in sharing your knowledge/information/points of interest then you may well have the last word.

Have I answered your question?

BR Harry

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the last word Empty the last word

Post by Densil Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 pm

hi harry. i notice that you always have to reply even to others replies. do you just have to have the last word?

i thik it is great that you always give advice.
/D

Densil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum