SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New HHH appearance

2 posters

Go down

New HHH appearance Empty on and off topic Pt2

Post by 00000002 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am

I should fix my last posts.
CTC+Q3=Q0
CTC+Q3+Q4=Q1

And two more things. when you get redirected by google you don't get frames so excuse my frames remark.
If you get redirected by google you are actually not made aware that the first version has been superseeded (information found in the frames) as there is no message about it.

Charlie.

Back to top Go down

New HHH appearance Empty on and off topic Pt2

Post by 00000002 Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 am

Well, i forgot to add:
2c: You can include the 4060 pin9 output as well, CTC, it would render an output upto 524.255Mhz at 32khz increments using a clock crystal, it may be able to synthesize an 8 division with Q3... And a 4 division with Q3 and Q4.

Charlie.

Back to top Go down

New HHH appearance Empty on and off topic

Post by 00000002 Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 am

Hi,
now that you ask... you could add a navigation frame.

Off topic (due to no topic about "feedback on website materials"):

I had only come onto the forum (as opposed to sending an email as the email images appear to have dissappeared on the site) to say two things about your RF synthesizer.

1. i think you may be able to synthesize Q10 by using a transistor on Q9 and Q11 to halve Q9's pulses. They do use fractional division on PLLs, but that is usually within the loop rather than exterior, so the LOCK led may never illuminate and the whole PLL may not even work properly.

2a. you could tabulate the increments of not only Q8,9,11,12,13 - but also Q3-Q7, Why?:
2b. If you show the maximum output (multiplied by 15999) in a following table, you will see that the maximum frequency you will get out of a clock crystal on Q3 is 32.7Mhz. so you really don't need a big crystal at all - unless you want to obtain 16.38Ghz using a 16.38Mhz crystal (or 99993.75% of the input, maximum).  The steps to obtain ~32Mhz is ~2khz on all the crystals. 

Charlie.

Back to top Go down

New HHH appearance Empty Re: New HHH appearance

Post by admin Fri May 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Ok, I think that perhaps I should use the new look, BUT with a bit of modifications so it does not need an external link.

I have worked out how it can be done, but this idea (still on the homepage) is a good starting point.

BR Harry

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank you, that is exactly how I feel.

I know that it is very popular to have these click-to-drop menus and they can save having an extra window, but the basic problem is that it requires external (authors) code. This is the same code that is used by Google.

Disadvantage is that if you copy the pages to your memory stick then they don't work.

Advantage is that it uses one less window and is easy to update.

BR Harry

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Harry,
it is hard to decide. I have got used to the old design, but the new one may be more newcomer-friendly.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

New HHH appearance Empty New HHH appearance

Post by admin Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi all,
My homepages have looked the same for over 10 years and it seems it is not always so obvious to the newcomer just how to navigate.
See www.sm0vpo.com

A good friend has suggested a different code for the index page that now has all the sections in the left margin, but clicking a subject opens the project list in a pull-down menu.
See www.sm0vpo.com:800

The colour scheme can all be changed, but does this provoke any comments? What do you prefer? Is it time for a change?

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum