SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morserino-32

2 posters

Go down

Morserino-32 Empty Re: Morserino-32

Post by Ivan Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi Harry,
VideoGenie sounds like early 80's to me. Am I right?
Czech Morse code uses one special character only: CH is a single character in Czech and it may be sent as four dahs instead of -.-..... in a Czech context. Letters with diacritics are sent without it just like they used to be represented in the early days of computing. And former army radio operators send V like W (.--), because the Russian morse code does it that way. Russian was the command language in the Varsaw treaty, you know.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Ivan,
The last time I ever tried using any form of CW decoder it was using a Video genie (TRS80), but that was a few years ago.
A couple of weeks ago I was sorting out boxes of "stuff" after the last two house moves and I found my old Daytong Morse Tutor. I used that a LOT on the late 70s/80s. It looks a little worn but still working perfectly.

The only problem is that here in Sweden the local stations tend to the extra "Swedish" alphabet. When I am on long journeys in the car I usually train by mentally sending car number plates to myself, but they do not include the Swedish characters. When I listen to Swedes OTA sending CW I always get thrown off with those characters I don't understand - interrupts "the melody".

I presume you have characters peculiar to your own language?

BR Harry

PS - I replied to this message a few weeks ago, but looks like there was an issue posting it! - DS

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:12 am

Hi Harry,
yes, I ordered and assembled one Moserino. It does all what I expected. I did not test those functions I was not interested in (e.g. working as a QRPP TRX in the ISM 70 cm band). I did not look for a Morse decoder as well. My primary aim was a personal trainer of iambic paddle keying and receiving Morse by ear and brain (no pencil). I was trained in using a straight key and writing down the received characters immediately. The same was required at the HAREC exam. So I feel a need to improve my skills. And I really have much to improve!
My backbone shows no progress during the last half-year. I applied for premature retirement and I am awaiting the result. The health is still worse as years pass. Crying or Very sad

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi Ivan,
I would have responded. Do you have one? How does it perform OTA?
My experience with computer decoders is old, but they tend to get a bit confused with "pidgeon-morse" where the sender exagerates the lengths of the charagters, eg. a 10:1 dah/dit ratio. Also when speeds are not constant. I regularly hear manual operators slow down with complicated words in a "chat". But mostly CW seems to be used for contesting and "rubber-stamp" QSOs.

Over the past few months I have had a few problems. Moving two houses, quarantined, and a few weeks ago I went to the hospital at 3AM in an ambulance - blue-light job. They would not let Maj-Lis accompany me because they do not allow any visitors at all. I have a helius (twisted intestine). That was really painful.

Ok, Ivan. I thought that this topic should have provoked some sort of interest. I was suprised there was none.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 12, 2020 6:34 am

No answer, how sad Sad Sad   I decided to order one, I am going to explore it myself. I need a gadget to keep my CW ability and learn iambic keying.

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Morserino-32 Empty Morserino-32

Post by Ivan Mon May 04, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi all,
does anyone have any experience with Morserino-32, see http://www.morserino.info/morserino-32.html ?

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum