SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pages on SM0VPO - Pathlosses explained

Go down

New pages on SM0VPO - Pathlosses explained Empty New pages on SM0VPO - Pathlosses explained

Post by sm0vpo Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:41 pm

Hi all,

I STILL get the same question from time to time regarding "What is the range of this transmitter". I have had that question a couple of times this year, but I would rather people use this forum than sending me private e-mail.

New project "Pathosses explained" on http://www.sm0vpo.com - basic info section (or "recent projects" in the opening page)

Instead of getting all tecjnical and using formulas, I have made up a graph that can show the difference between frequency, power and receiver sensitivity. RF powers from 100μW (-10dBm) to 100 Watts (+50dBm).

I show quite clearly that:
1 - 100 Watts will give you 2.5km if your receiver sensitivity is about 0dBm (no antenna??)
2 - 10mW will give you about 8km if your receiver sensitivity is about -110dBm

Hope you enjoy the projects. If you have any questions then please use this forum. I normally delete about 50 messages a day and the chances of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" is quite high.

Very best regards from Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down