SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLL design

Go down

PLL design Empty PLL design

Post by power1 Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:24 am

If you look up motorolla app notes AN535 (PLL design fundamentals), and AN1410 (configuring and applying the 74HC4046 phase locked loop).  They will give you all of the details that you need.

I've built a simple PLL from logic IC's that can operate up to 60 MHz, originally designed for a half frequency oscillator broadcast band (87.5 - 108 MHz) transmitter but it can also be used for other frequencies.  One of the most important things I've found when making a PLL is to measure the tuning slope of the oscillator (volts/Hz) as all the calculations depend on this.

You can get a diagram of it here: w w w.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=535851459816166&l=dec7dd6b4e

A publicly accessible Facebook profile picture (and probably get to see my ugly mush too...)

Most of the credit for the design must go to an 'Albert H'.  A technical poster on radionecks.com (pirate radio message board).  I came up with the dip switch and link part (without having to re-solder wires for different frequencies) and the use of an HC393 counter instead of the original HC4024 that was used.

power1

Back to top Go down

PLL design Empty PLL design

Post by Ivan Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi all interested in PLL design, a maybe interesting article was published by Analog Devices.

BR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down