SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - 10KV tunable capacitor for 20m frame antenna

Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - 10KV tunable capacitor for 20m frame antenna Empty New project on www.sm0vpo.com - 10KV tunable capacitor for 20m frame antenna

Post by admin Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi all,
Added a new project. Put on a bit of  spurt with this project because I want to get operating HF portable from work ASAP.
MFJ have added a 4-week delay to my telescopic whip antenna, and I refude to throw rough aluminium tubes in my nice new car.

So it has got to be the 20m frame antenna, made with plastic.

The tuning cap is variable and gives a near perfect 1:1 VSWR from 14.000 to 14.350MHz, and a 75kHz "acceptable" VSWR bandwidth without tuning.

Built using the 3D printer, but also tried Ivans toilet-seat fixing bolt (with no 3D printing). The toilet-bolt will work great with metal capacitor poles, but my copper-clad PCB boards began to bend a bit and de-tune the antenna, so I used plastic.

Hope you like the project.

BR from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down