SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - Custom (bespoke) capacitor values

Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - Custom (bespoke) capacitor values Empty New project on www.sm0vpo.com - Custom (bespoke) capacitor values

Post by sm0vpo Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:51 am

Hi everyone, You may know that I have been forced to take early retirement. I am only 72 years old!! Does this mean I have more time on my hands? NOT IN THE LEAST. I am taking a couple of ladies in the village out for lunch every Tuesday, Gin & Tonic day every Friday, going out with a lady on Thursdays and Sundays, getting rid of unwanted furniture and 50/11 other jobs I never got around to since Maj-Lis went.

I am also building a 3-foot long submarine-hunter RC boat, all 2D printed. Only the hull took 139 hours to print with my Wanhao Duplicator i3 3D printer! But I just started it every 40 hours or so for each part. Modern printers cost ½ the price and print 5x faster. Maybe it is time to buy a new printer (when I get my pension money)?

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - Custom (bespoke) capacitor values C834a853-d78a-4f5a-a03e-5fb1f5ae9a01

Anyway, back to the homepages.

I have been clearing out some old project files and I see that there are a few projects and information pages that I did not get around to documenting. This morning (5AM) I could not sleep, so I have documented how to make custom value (bespoke) ceramic capacitors. So if you need at 49.382pf capacitor for that filter project, then here is how you can make them for yourself.

In case you are aware, you can take a 100pf ceramic capacitor and cut off 50.616% off the top and you have a 49.382pf capacitor remaining. Practically I would take a 56pf or 68pf and start filing with a nailfile. But how do you know? How can you measure that? How accurate can you get it? These and other questions will be answered on my homepages at http://sm0vpo.com/use/bespoke-caps.htm. If it doesn't load then empty your browser caché memory.

I have not yet uploaded the files to http://sm0vpo.altervista.org or the raspberry-pi, but I will do that if the cats waken me up at 5AM tomorrow morning  Surprised

Ok, so I hope you like the project. Any comments, feel free to comment here.

Good night Good morning from Harry - SM0VPO

PS - Not much fun being 72 and on a smaller pension than I thought I would get. But there are positive sides:

My face in the mirror isn’t wrinkled or drawn
My house isn’t dirty. The cobwebs are gone
My garden looks lovely and so does my lawn
I think I might never put my glasses back on

Last edited by sm0vpo on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:20 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Seemed like a good idea at the time)

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down