SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altervista link

3 posters

Go down

Altervista link Empty Re: Altervista link

Post by Ivan Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi Harry,

the Covid does not affect me much. I am still unable to return to work. I walk in the outside with crutches only. The doctors recommend me to retire due to illness and I will probably apply for that. So I spend most of the time at home anyway. The drawback is that I cannot even sit for a long time, so I do no homebrewing as well.

The queues in shops here in Czechia are longer now, because customers are required to stand one 145 MHz wavelength apart. The public transportation in Prague was remarkably empty when most people stayed on home-office or workless and schools were closed. But it fills fast now when all returns step by step to normal life.

Congratulations to a lot suitable for an antenna farm. My garden is small. I am making plans all the time, but I still have no HF antenna. Of course, my situation is much better than that of hams living in blocks of flats.

I ordered the Morserino-32 kit, assembled it and I am exploring it now. It seems to be a really good autonomous Morse trainer.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:06 am

Ha ha ha Laughing 

Charitable organisation making a profit? I get your point. sm0vpo.forumotion.org costs me nothing but I don't make anything. sm0vpo.com costs me money.

But I did not know that .ORG was aimed at non-profit organisations. Thak you for the info.

Here in Märsta we are living in boxes. Renovating the new house. Having all the electrics replaced. I got at "pisser" from my computer. All the contacts are not Earthed. I have studio speakers on the computer, and all are connected to tge ground terminal in the 8-port outlet. Unfortunately there is no Earth, so all the leakages are added.

The electrician keeps shutting off the power, so every time the broadband modem shuts down for an hour or so then the ISP allocates a new IP-address. www.sm0vpo.com server is online but the DNS lookup is not valid.  I fixed it tonight (again).

Projects, I cannot build, but I have now found Proteus PCB design and LKspiceXVII. I am stacking up a few projects, but I CAN make the PCB's.

1 - 50-Watt IRF510 HF Linear (on PCB)
2 - Constant output mic preamp (in Spice)
3 - AF compressor

2 and 3 are for the X1M radio where the modulation is too "thin" to be a serious contender on the HF bands. I hope that the 5-Watts can give a bit of punch.

Other than that, I am taking is carefully with the COVID-19. I always have to be aware when I go out that I only have a 99.962% chance of survival. I hop that you are fine? How is the corona virus affecting you?

In sweden there is now no shortage of parking spaces and shorter queues in the supermarkets. Crime (muggings, break-ins etc) have gone down by over 90%. "Social distancing" is something that un-sociable Swedes have always done for generations. But today, if people get too close to you then you only have to cough once Wink 

The new QTH is perfect for HF. Lots of open land around the villa and a tree on common land besides our garden. Have a 1/4-wave vertical for 14MHz and plans to put an inverted multi-band in the tree. Hopefully I will be QRV next weekend. But last night I did NOT hear any S9+ noise. At 8PM on 14MHz I was listening to US hams talking to UK and Bulgarians.

Have a nice weekend, Ivan.

BR Harry

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue May 12, 2020 6:28 am

Hi Harry,
the .ORG primary domain should be reserved for non-profitable organizations of all kinds. Do you expect anyone can be non-profitable and still earn millions?

PS: Next you will make a funny cartoon about moving cartons up and down.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue May 12, 2020 12:13 am

Oops,
Yes, you are right. I keep getting .com and .org mixed up.

Interesting thought, I have heard of a ".COM" millionaire. Has anyone every heard of a ".ORG" millionaire?

Anyway, thans for the info. I will add that to the next batch of additions. I have a load of project photos to add :-)

BR Harry

PS - Hurt my back lifting moving cartons. That caused me to fall down the stairs and break my big toe. Wonder what is next?

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Altervista link Empty Altervista link

Post by Ruud Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 pm

On the homepage it says: " I also have a mirror at sm0vpo.altervista.com".
It seems nowadays that should be: 
 sm0vpo.altervista.org.
(Anyway: the .com extension gives an error here.)
Ruud
Ruud

http://www.vansteenisaudio.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down