SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field strength meter

2 posters

Go down

Field strength meter Empty Re: Field strength meter

Post by Ivan Fri May 28, 2021 6:53 am

Hi,
the ME-61/GRC field strength meter might be an inspiration. The docs is e.g. here. You can replace the sensitivity potentiometer with a switched set of fixed resistors.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Field strength meter Empty Field strength meter

Post by Andrew Thu May 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'm seeking for a decent FSM circuit able to operate from 1MHz (or lower) up to 30MHz, with the ability to tune the desired "slice" and to have both a preamp and a stepped attenuator (maybe I'm asking too much ?); I know that a GDO can also be used as an FSM but then it will only work for nearby/strong signals, whereas what I'm seeking should be able to also work on (reasonably) weaker signals

I've seeked around on the intertubes, but aside from the usual circuit, I was unable something which could fit, so I'm here asking if someone here could be so nice to point me to a decent circuit with the characteristics listed above; ideally the circuit should use discrete components (that is no specialized ICs) but then some "garden variety" ICs will be fine too

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Back to top Go down