SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick "car" antenna stand

2 posters

Go down

Quick "car" antenna stand Empty Re: Quick "car" antenna stand

Post by Andrew Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Andrew,
I have seen something similar in a previous post, but it was all metal tubes.
It really is a good idea, and this particular version could be insulated from the ground, with a little thought.

At the moment I am waiting for better weather so that I can have a good trial with my "Gay-Pride" telescopic antenna. It is all tuned up and ready to go.
I have also fixed the magnet problem - a small magnet at each corner of the aluminium plate. Perfect for positioning, and the magnets are padded so they don't scratch the roof of the car.

Then I put a 25kg neodymium magnet in the middle of the aluminium plate. That sits like a limpet.

To remove the 25kg force magnet is no problem. It is the aluminium plate that gets scratched, not the car  Very Happy

Nice to hear your magnetic antenna project is proceeding, regarding the "drive on stand" I was thinking to this antenna

http://sm0vpo.altervista.org/antennas/small-hfant-mobile2.jpg

now, adding some kind of support to the bottom of the box would allow to quickly deploy that antenna, even if there's wind, to use the car as the "counterpoise" and ... to operate from the comfort of the car even in bad weather Very Happy

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 pm

Hi Andrew,
I have seen something similar in a previous post, but it was all metal tubes.
It really is a good idea, and this particular version could be insulated from the ground, with a little thought.

At the moment I am waiting for better weather so that I can have a good trial with my "Gay-Pride" telescopic antenna. It is all tuned up and ready to go.
I have also fixed the magnet problem - a small magnet at each corner of the aluminium plate. Perfect for positioning, and the magnets are padded so they don't scratch the roof of the car.

Then I put a 25kg neodymium magnet in the middle of the aluminium plate. That sits like a limpet.

To remove the 25kg force magnet is no problem. It is the aluminium plate that gets scratched, not the car  Very Happy

Thank you for sharing the ideas, I really appreciate it.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Quick "car" antenna stand Empty Quick "car" antenna stand

Post by Andrew Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:56 pm

This one is definitely for Harry, let me start by showing the antenna stand

https://wb3gck.com/2017/01/15/drive-on-portable-antenna-support/

now, imagine modifying the above so that the "wheel stand" (wooden tablet) is someway integrated into the wooden box containing the antenna loading coil; using such a support it should be quick and easy to deploy the vertical, just a matter of driving over the "support" with a wheel and extend the antenna, plus the car may be used as a "counterpoise" just by connecting a cable (like a battery one) between the antenna "ground" and the car chassis !

What do you think ?

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down