SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News from Harry SM0VPO in Märsta

Go down

News from Harry SM0VPO in Märsta Empty News from Harry SM0VPO in Märsta

Post by sm0vpo Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:46 pm

Hi all,
Here is a little newz from Märsta, Sweden.

1 - As you may be aware, my wife died almost two years go, but a year ago I met a beautiful and very lovely lady. We have been seeing a lot of each other, so I am sorry that HHH has been a bit neglected. But I am sure you know the syndrome: man becomes active radio-ham, meets women and ham-radio takes the back shelf, kids leave home and it is back to radio.

2 - There has been a lot of work done on the server in the last 1/2 of 2023. Now I have auto-renewed certificates, https:// as well as the legacy http://www for the server. I also have raspberry pi backup which can be directly accessed using http:// and adding port :81.

3 - During 2023, after the death of Maj-Lis I have tried to stay active. I went back up to 100%, full-time working. Bought myself a dream sports car. Taken holidays with my new lady friend - Dubai, London, Mediterranean VIP cruise, Cape Verde and last weekend we went to the Czech Republic to dop our Christmas shopping. I fell in love with Prague - it is one of the most beautiful cities I have had the pleasure to visit.

4 - Five days before the Prague trip, my employer told me that they need to get rid of some personnel for economic reasons. All the other members of the RF team are younger, less experienced, married and have small children. I am 72 years old and have (almost) comfortable pensions, so I asked them to pick me before others: I would have the least hardship. They did exactly that. So WEF 2024-01-01 I am not pensioned, I am unemployed. I want another job. If there are any employers out there who can use a good Radio Systems Engineer then please contact me.

5 - As you may be aware, I am single but living with two young ladies. Elsa is now really angry with me. She would insist on sharpening her claws on the stairs carpets. I have taken up the carpets: now bare wooden stairs. She also kept sharpening her claws on the seats in my office/shack/workshop. The workshop is now closed to cats 24/7. In true lady-like fashion, she is not talking to me. A few years ago, when Maj-Lis was alive, I had a joke and changed her lipstick for glue-stick. She didn't speak to me for a while, either.

Ok, that is the local news from Märsta. I have about 50/11 projects that have been started but not finished. If I do not get a job in the New Year then I shall spend more time on the homepages and the HF bands. I will also listen 24/7 to 14.345 USB. Until then I wish all my visitors a very:

Merry Christmas, God jul, Feliz Navidad, Veselé Vánoce, С Рождеством, срећан Божић, Nollaig Shona, and a Happy New Year.
Harry - SM0VPO

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down