SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest news from SM0VPO.COM

2 posters

Go down

Latest news from SM0VPO.COM Empty Re: Latest news from SM0VPO.COM

Post by Ivan Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:55 am

Hi Harry,
AI is quite amazing. I tried to ask an AI server for a drawing of "an elderly ham in his shack, pop-art style" and see what I got in a few seconds!

VBR from Ivan
Latest news from SM0VPO.COM Ham_in10

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Latest news from SM0VPO.COM Empty Latest news from SM0VPO.COM

Post by sm0vpo Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:44 pm

Hi all,
I have been a bit silent for the past couple of months, but I have been active.

1 - I have met a young lady and we spend a lot of time together. She is really good company. Wonderful lady.
2 - Every week I host a G&T club meeting in my home. A few ladies from the community come here every week.
3 - Every Saturday and Monday evening I meet former colleagues and school mates from 1968 for a long chat.
4 - I am still working full-time, but lately been working longer hours. This week I have to work 7 days, including midnight on Friday.
5 - Doing a lot of cooking and baking. If I feel a bit depressed then I bake a few loaves of bread (not bought bread since Xmas!!).

I have been working with Magnus (son-in-law), who is a computer expert. Here are some results for improvements to HHH:

1 - Harry's Homebrew Homepages are now on a Windoze-11 machine, with all the Micro-Soft spyware removed. Now I have remote desktop access and can upload files a lot more easily :-)

2 - On Saturday I got rid of the old router. We have been working on https certificates for over a month. The certificates did not work because my ISP have blocked ports 443 and 21 in my router for their own use. So in the end I got a new router with all the latest features - 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, firewall, surfing protection, and now I can login into the router settings in just a few seconds.

Now you can surf into https://www.sm0vpo.com (the www is optional), and if you open a project in a new tab then you can copy the URL, and you can paste it into this messageboard or share the link by mail. At the moment the updates and projects are only on sm0vpo.com and not smovpo.altervista.org. This I will correct shortly.

3 - HHH has been updated a bit, but there are more updates in the pipeline. The most recent project is now there since a few weeks ago. In my lunch breaks I have used ChatGPT to help me correct assembly code that I have written and to learn a lot more.

4 - The 50/60Hz DC-AC inverter has been improved to get better accuracy. Also I now have used PWM to make a version of the inverter deliver a sinus waveform. I have to try it to see if I can get away with PWM through the power transformer, or if I can use a high-frequency ferrite transformer.

So this is the activity on HHH for the past 2 or 3 months. A lot of it is behind the scenes, but you can see most of the results on my home server. I still have to fix the link to the PDF library, update Joy's drawing, then update the other server(s), including the Raspberry Pi's. I have left port 80 open so you can still use http://www.sm0vpo.com (the www is optional).

After the summer is over I will have a go at upgrading my antennas, as well as updating the 50/60Hz Mk-III inverter, and adding the Mk-IV (assuming the new code is reliable). I still have the 144MHz to 14MHz transverter on the bench, but a lot of my available time is not inthe home.

So there you have it. I have tried a few different AI sites and would you believe that they tell lies?

"Do you know who I am and where I am located?"
"No, this information is not available to me."
"Where is the nearest SEBank office that takes personal visitors?"
"It is in the Arlanda Airport complex, Tornvägen, 190 60 Stockholm-Arlanda, 8.7km from your present location."

But other AI sites (such as ChatGPT) are fantastic to teach you how to write JAVA, Assembly-Language and program PWM.

Best regards from Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down