SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN

2 posters

Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN Empty New project on Harry's Homebrew Homepages.

Post by sm0vpo Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:34 pm

sm0vpo wrote:Hi Ivan,
Thank you very much. I will add the links and upload the files, hopefully tomorrow.

I was interested to see the 555 timer link.That looks quite simple. It would be interesting to see how accurate it is with the pulse timing, but it is really simple.
Thank you once again.

BR Harry - sm0vpo

Hi all,
If you look at the www.sm0vpo.com homepages you will see there is another new project. It is this "Servo tester". I have included the PCB foil, circuit diagram and everything you need to complete the project.

The unit can be used to simply test RC servos, but it can also drive a servo to remotely tune an antenna at the bottom of the garden. You can even stuff the single-channel pulse into a transmitter and have a 1-Channel RC unit. Mine worked with a 433MHz TX and RX module, as listed in the article.

A big thank you to Ivan for reviewing the project.

Very best regards from Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN Empty Re: New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN

Post by sm0vpo Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:07 pm

Hi Ivan,
Thank you very much. I will add the links and upload the files, hopefully tomorrow.

I was interested to see the 555 timer link.That looks quite simple. It would be interesting to see how accurate it is with the pulse timing, but it is really simple.
Thank you once again.

BR Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN Empty Re: New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:04 pm

Hi Harry,

the article is IMHO O.K. and you can publish it.

I played with a servo a few years ago, but I used other types of controllers:
1 - with 555, similar to the controller from this page.
2 - with PICAXE 8. I used PICAXE quite much, the program for servo control in Basic was short and simple.
Both approaches worked on the first attempt. The astable multivibrator will surely perform equally well.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

sm0vpo likes this post

Back to top Go down

New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN Empty New project on www.sm0vpo.com - For IVAN

Post by sm0vpo Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm

https://www.sm0vpo.com/use/rc-servo-tester-1.htm

Hello Ivan,
Can youi please do me a vafour and have a quick look at this new project before i point all the links to it?

There is not too much to say about it since the text just about says it all. Basicalli I am plodding along with my RC boat, but need to design a high-voltage speed controller, and for tht I need to synthesise the signal from an RC receiver. Because it has an analogue input, it is out of my comfort area for PIC programming. Tried AI and gave up on them, they are not so I Smile 

I hope to update the links to the project as soon as you have given any comments.
If anyone else has any comments then they will be gratefully received.

BR Harry

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down