SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question

Go down

Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question Empty Re: Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question

Post by admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm

This circuit has many advantages. The most eminent is that the current is re-used - ecconomy. In spute of that it also has a very high gain and is extremely stable.

For me it is also that it uses no coils, other then the input filter.

BR Harry

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question Empty Re: Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question

Post by roger_ Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am

Thanks Harry. What's the primary advance to this design (if not stability)?

roger_

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Roger. I found the amplifier to be VERY stable if you did not use any wound components at the output. I used a regulated supply anyway.

Give it a try and see what you think. I did not try to miniaturise it because I was conscious of input/output coupling. I also used good quality caps for decoupling, but it was not a major consideration when I built that stage.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question Empty Cascade/Cascode IF Amplifier question

Post by roger_ Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:10 am

Hi,

Regarding this circuit: sm0vpo.com/blocks/cascade-cascode_amplifier_01.htm

Is the isolation between the transistors better than when typical CE amplifiers are cascaded? In the past proper power supply decoupling has been a problem for me in high gain (50+ dB) IF amplifiers, and I'm wondering if this circuit is more stable.

Thanks!

roger_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down