SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fm tx audio quality

Go down

Fm tx audio quality  Empty Re: Fm tx audio quality

Post by admin Sat May 25, 2013 10:45 am

Sorry, I did not understand the link.

BR Harry - SM0VPO
Nerja, Spain.

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joy22601 Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 am

Yes Harry your explanation did help me understand. Thanks for explaining it to me. Here is the circuit. Everything looks ok? I used two 15 + 15p capacitors.
bit dot ly/180vb1i

joy22601

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm

It is common practice to ALWAYS buffer an oscillator, especially one that is modulated. Loading an oscillator can cause the oscillators operating conditions to change, which in turn can affect audio symetry, stability and even harmonic content.

Remember that an oscillators amplifier gain should be operated close the point of oscillation, but strong enough to give reliable starting. If stage gain is too heavy then RF distortion can occur. The distortion can appear as harmonics but with modulation all manner of distortion can occur. Loading the oscillator will usually change the stage gain.

My "standard" method of buffering an oscillator is to connect an emitter-follower transistors directly to the oscillator emitter. Any load on the emitter-follower will usually result in less than 1% of the load being passed to the oscillator.

Does this help you any?
PS - We are back in Spain again :-)
+34622943419

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joy22601 Sat May 11, 2013 9:36 am

i have to use a 100 ohms resistor in series with the output of the buffer transistor in order to get a good sound quality..

joy22601

Back to top Go down

Fm tx audio quality  Empty Fm tx audio quality

Post by Joy22601 Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 am

Hello Harry, does loading of a fm oscillator (88-108 mhz) affects the audio quality? I build the two transistor oscillator + buffer from your 150mw fm tx and the audio quality suffers if I drive a low value load.

Joy22601

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down