SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about rules

2 posters

Go down

Question about rules Empty Re: Question about rules

Post by admin Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi Densil,
> you have only one moderator besides yourself do you want another?

Thank you for the kind offer. Although there are over 100 registered users, there are not so many posting messages and I have not had to edit or delete a message for several years. I think this is also true for Ivan.

> i always seem to get an answer here and good and useful advice.

Yes, in spite of few active users I also feel that there is quality advice. There are some really knowledgeable users.
I never (knowingly) ignore anyone and I do try to respond to all questions. It may take a couple of days for me to respond, but respond I do.

Have a nice day.
BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Densil Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi Harry. thank you for the explanation. it is nice to hear that you have so much trust in your forum users and it appears that your trust is justified. i also hate profanity and there is no reason for it but i like your substituting profane words for something else Smile 
i see that you have only one moderator besides yourself do you want another?
you and the guys on this forum have all been so helpful to me and i would like to give something in return back. there are other forums with more activity but technical questions are often ignored. i always seem to get an answer here and good and useful advice.
regards
/D

Densil

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Densil,
No, you will not find any rules here. We use the rule of common-sense. In general, be kind and courteous to other users. Offensive users will be blocked, but there is not one single blocked user. No need for a rule.

The forum was open but we used to have a problem with SPAM. Then we introduced registration.
Unregistered guests can still post messages but links are not allowed for guests.

I really hate profanity, but there are now filters in place to replace profane words. If you write really strong words like f*** you will get www.sm0vpo.com, but s*** will be replaced with excrement. If anyone writes rude words that are not in the list then thy will be added. So again we don't need rules.

The forum language is English, but I have no objection to other languages, providing an English translation is included. If you don't do that then I will edit the message and add a Google translation. Again, no need for a rule.

Any subject is allowed, within reason. I can take the odd joke, but offensive, respectless, radical political or religious posts will be deleted. I have never had to delete one, so once again common sense prevails.

That, Densil, is why there are no fixed rules. We don't need them because everyone uses the forum sensibly.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Question about rules Empty Question about rules

Post by Densil Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 am

hi harry. I have joined a few forums and most of them have rules that you have to follow. i have never seen any rules for https://sm0vpo.forumotion.com so i wonder if you have any? is there a page somewhere with your forum rules?
may be stupid question but i just wonder.
/D

Densil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down