SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.

4 posters

Go down

Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.  Empty Re: Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.

Post by dare4444 Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:42 pm

Harry,

I've seen kitsrus and your ckts there. It also includes your fm mic and 2n4427 amplifier on a single PCB. Did you design the PCB?

The WBFM xtal locked pdf of your design is still out there on their website.

I was doing some good work here like alleviating the suffering of street animals. After coming back from USA it was a shock to see their suffering.

Here due to fraud I've also lost over $100, 000 of my savings. I'm in need of money and not that fake guy who's a retired engineer from Philips and sells kits by writing +35 years of experience as a designer and why people should buy from him. So far he doesn't understand a single RF circuit, his main focus is on making money. I'll not let my designs to be sold for profit and he's gonna take all the credit. I guided him every step of the day. He made some changes to my 2222 amp so that he could take the credit and sell kit but it didn't work. He reached out to me and now it's working after my suggestions and giving him hours of my time. It's really shocking that he worked for philips, Indian colleges are not producing knowledgeable people, studying electronics mean just bookish knowledge.

Here's a huge demand for FM TX. My 2222 amp is the holy grail of low power design as he told me that he gets 40 queries a day for 1W fm kir. His knowledge is nonsense. With knowledge comes generosity and feeling happy when you impart knowledge to someone for the sake of it and having no no motivation other than the teaching spirit. Not many people understand RF ckts I don't know why, it's not rocket science.

I've also learned from you when I connected first in 2000. You're my teacher. I never copied any of your circuit but always tried to build my own based on what you taught me.

I'm going to send that guy a text message asking him no to sell kits for profit of my work and take credit for the innovation. He has blocked me. I think people who do such stuff like making $$ by ripping off others are psychopaths and a conscience. Approx 1-2% of the population are psychopaths. Their brain activity when seen on a PET and func MRI scan reveal changes in the way their brain processes information. Their frontal lobes are not that active as it is with other people. That part of the brain differentiates between right and wrong.

It's genetics. Study of the brain is fascinating. The BS170 design I sent him has got the potential to change Indian FM transmitter business. Chinese ones are expensive, and all the c1971 + 2n3866 etc most of them are fake unless one orders from mouser or digikey India.

I filled the gap for easy to make 4W amp.
I don't think he has deleted. He sent the 2222 design to some other guy who was testing it for him. I felt odd why was he sharing my designs.. then I saw his website, lol. India has copyright laws but the legal system here is slow. One needs patience and persistence.

I'm guilty of copying your loop filter from one of your pll FM design. Other than that I don't think I've copied anything. You noticed anything?

dare4444

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.  Empty Re: Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.

Post by admin Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:38 pm

dare4444 wrote:Harry,
I'm not seeing it on every page. Pls check.
One more thing I would like to point out is the enormity of the internet. Anyone is India, China, Thailand, etc could copy all the designs and sell for profit in kit/fully assembled form and we wouldn't know a thing neither it would be possible to take any legal action. It's a huge downside of the internet.

Some hobbyist from Brazil wanted my ckt so I sent him quite a few like 1W 2222 amp, 87.5-108MHz, 2n3553 3.5W high stability TX and several more yesterday. Did you ever share your work in email? They could easily be made into kits. There's a dearth of good circuit that actually work. I was not careful with money and spent $30, 000 USD in feeding stray puppies and dogs in India, the expensive packaged food in the last 4 years and now I'm having both health and financial issues. If I wanted I could have sold my ckts as kits as there are none good homemade FM TX here. All are coming from China. So I had done enough R&D to sell my own kits, not sure if it's profitable or not but I sent all the ckts I spent a year developing to that guy thinking that he was a hobbyist. Even legal step is difficult here. Millions of back logs of court cases pending. The PN2222A amp is nothing new. Why no one thought about it before? It's strange to say the least. 1.1W with 2.5mW 100MHz drive  to 2n3904 x 3 preamp + driver and PN2222A x 2 final PA. There's no mention of such a circuit anywhere where as I consider myself a novice and there are people out there like Ashar Farhan and you who are geniuses when it comes to RF engineering.

Also no one ever thought about n3904 x 3 driver and BS170 x 3 PA for 4W out at 96MHz with 360mW drive. The driver is providing a watt of drive to gates of BS170 and is the reason behind its high efficiency. Going by LtSpice DC in to PA is 5.5W and RF out is 4.5W so 350mW heat dissipation each at 19.2V laptop supply. Lowering it to 12V and it Po drops to 3W and dissipation 150-200mW in each MOSFET. LtSpice says it's gonna work. I didn't get to build it due to health issues but spice should be taken seriously. It's a powerful design tool.

Hello Joy,
I have checked it and it appears to be on all pages, but it is small text at the top of the screen, inside the blue header. I will check the rest of the pages.

Publishing projects on the Internet is to give stuff freely to other people and you really have to ask yourself "do I really want to give this away"?

Many of my own projects have been used for profit without any consideration for me, but I have also received 100s of dollars in commission and settlement from a few of the good users and some offenders. This perhaps is only about 1% of the amount I could have received if everyone was 100% honest.

About 15 years ago I was asked to design some kits for www.kitsrus.com after meeting the site owner. We came to a gentleman's agreement that he could not afford to give me any payment for the projects I designed, but he would give me a $1 commission for every kit that was sold. I did the design work and laid out his FM bug with PCB coils to improve his existing kit. I also designed a synthesised FM broadcast transmitter. Unfortunately the guy died in cancer before I received any money, and his wife took over the business. She did not honour the verbal agreement and  I never received a penny for any of the work I did. With this sort of event you have to use it as a learning experience.

Yes, I have sent constructional information by e-mail for commercial gain, and I have been paid, although this is the exception rather than the rule.

If you want to make money on a project then do not publish it.Alternatively you can publish a technical description but withhold vital information needed to complete the project. That, however, is against my own code of ethics.My homepages are designed for sharing knowledge, and in that respect I will give away knowledge for others to use freely. If someone takes unfair advantage of it then I have to accept it. If the culprit is operating from a country with laws to protect intellectual property rights then you can do something, such as contacting a lawyer. That I have done a few times, but not so often.

The money I have spent on designing and building I regard as my hobby money for my own personal benefit and satisfaction. If I were to total up all that I have spent in order to publish on the homepages and compare it with the money I received, I have really received almost nothing. When I sold kits myself I did it for the fun of it, also knowing that my efforts would be misused by certain individuals. My kits were all pocket-money priced so that you could buy a kit for as little as US$5, which meant that on some occasions I was financially out of pocket. But I was the winner in the satisfaction that I received for helping to promote the hobby and help newcomers get started. That reward is far greater than any losses I made.

If you pick virtually any of my projects you will find circuits and copies of the projects on other people's homepages. Think: "Mimicry is the best form of complement". By copying your projects, people are admitting that they could not do that which you have done, and for that you should be proud.

Another point is that some of my own projects come back to me with great improvements, when someone takes my design and improves on it. A classic case is the frame antenna, which is about 1.5m x 1.5m and can work on 3.5MHz. Several magazines have published my projects and they pay, for example "Practical Wireless" (Canny Cavities" and "Out of Thin Air" (several projects). Not to mention the RadCom and QTC, although they did not pay.

30 years ago I was having money problems myself, but as the years have passed I care less and less about the money. I do it for the love of it. Take my transverter project I am presently working on. I have so little time at home to do anything, so a simple project can take weeks. But when I have finished I will have a 14MHz / 18MHz 50-Watt SSB radio station, re-using my old FT-290R, and I can throw it in the back of the car for portable work, without worrying about the cost of the equipment. If the transverter gets damaged then I just build another. If the FT-290 blows up then I can get another 2m multi-mode from E-Bay for less than $100. In effect my homepages are my lab-book.

So just ask yourself what do you want from the hobby? I am pursuing my hobby, but I am still going to work during the day. I know that I could never support my family selling FM bugs, or even the new transverter: the market is so small.

Finally, the more free projects you share, so the more thanks you receive in kind. Some very generous people have sent me octal tube bases, dynamic microphones, relays, transistor kits, hi-Z headset that is in regular use, a box full of 1000 IF transformers, a 120-channel CB set, but most of all the wonderful people, like yourself, whom I met on this forum. For all of these I am really thankful and consider myself wealthy, even if I still have to go to work at 70 years of age.

I am grateful for your projects and think that you have done a great job.

Very best regards from Harry Lythall - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dare4444 Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Harry,
I'm not seeing it on every page. Pls check.
One more thing I would like to point out is the enormity of the internet. Anyone is India, China, Thailand, etc could copy all the designs and sell for profit in kit/fully assembled form and we wouldn't know a thing neither it would be possible to take any legal action. It's a huge downside of the internet.

Some hobbyist from Brazil wanted my ckt so I sent him quite a few like 1W 2222 amp, 87.5-108MHz, 2n3553 3.5W high stability TX and several more yesterday. Did you ever share your work in email? They could easily be made into kits. There's a dearth of good circuit that actually work. I was not careful with money and spent $30, 000 USD in feeding stray puppies and dogs in India, the expensive packaged food in the last 4 years and now I'm having both health and financial issues. If I wanted I could have sold my ckts as kits as there are none good homemade FM TX here. All are coming from China. So I had done enough R&D to sell my own kits, not sure if it's profitable or not but I sent all the ckts I spent a year developing to that guy thinking that he was a hobbyist. Even legal step is difficult here. Millions of back logs of court cases pending. The PN2222A amp is nothing new. Why no one thought about it before? It's strange to say the least. 1.1W with 2.5mW 100MHz drive  to 2n3904 x 3 preamp + driver and PN2222A x 2 final PA. There's no mention of such a circuit anywhere where as I consider myself a novice and there are people out there like Ashar Farhan and you who are geniuses when it comes to RF engineering.

Also no one ever thought about n3904 x 3 driver and BS170 x 3 PA for 4W out at 96MHz with 360mW drive. The driver is providing a watt of drive to gates of BS170 and is the reason behind its high efficiency. Going by LtSpice DC in to PA is 5.5W and RF out is 4.5W so 350mW heat dissipation each at 19.2V laptop supply. Lowering it to 12V and it Po drops to 3W and dissipation 150-200mW in each MOSFET. LtSpice says it's gonna work. I didn't get to build it due to health issues but spice should be taken seriously. It's a powerful design tool.

dare4444

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Thank you very much, Ivan.

I really appreciate the suggestion and I believe it has added to the forum with the text on every screen, not just the opening page.

I would have like the test to be larger, or bold. That, however, is not an available option.

Thank you for your help. Have a nice day - Harry SM0VPO

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:04 pm

Well done, Harry! Idea  I certainly do not mind. I am pleased you embedded it into the caption of this conference!

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:25 am

Hi Guys,
Some good suggestions here. Please look at the header above. Every page now has text where it stated phpBB SM0VPO forum.

"Hamradio and electronics discussions for visitors to Harry's Homebrew Homepage www.sm0vpo.com - Commercial use of information published here require permission of the author. Private use is free. Citations used externally must include a link to the source" (not enough space the last full-stop/period).

I have only two characters remaining in the allowed text. @Ivan - I hope you didn't mind me copying your suggestion (modified to fit the available space).

BR Harry

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:27 am

dare4444 wrote:
Cool! If this could be inserted on the home page in bold letters it would be nice.
Unfortunately I cannot modify the conference header. It is probably hard embedded in its SW core. You may have mentioned, that button captions are in French (NOUVEAU, CITER etc.), although the language is set to English... Sad

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by dare4444 Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Ivan wrote:Hi and welcome,

any commercial or profitable use of circuits published here requires a written permission of their author. Use for self-education and homebrewing is free. Citations from this forum and/or HH pages must be accompanied by a link to the source.

VBR from Ivan OK1SIP, co-moderator

Cool! If this could be inserted on the home page in bold letters it would be nice.

dare4444

sks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi and welcome,

any commercial or profitable use of circuits published here requires a written permission of their author. Use for self-education and homebrewing is free. Citations from this forum and/or HH pages must be accompanied by a link to the source.

VBR from Ivan OK1SIP, co-moderator

Ivan

admin and sks like this post

Back to top Go down

Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.  Empty Want to know about the rules and use of this great n nice forum.

Post by sks Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:17 pm

Thanks for accepting my request to join the forum. 
I am around 70years of old. Still have interest to learn, for that I joined. 

We join such kind of forums to learn and get ideas to use.  
Is there any rules not to use the ideas posted here? 
And want to know what is copyrights of the ideas or the basic circuits posted here or somewhere? 

My humble request to answer my questions. 

Thanks and regards.

sks

admin and Ruud like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down