SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.sm0vpo.com updated - inc PDF library

2 posters

Go down

www.sm0vpo.com updated - inc PDF library Empty Happy New Year

Post by Branez Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:49 am

Admin wrote:Happy New year to everyone, or as the Swedes say "God fortsättning" (good continuation).
Slovenian:

Srečno Novo leto  santa

Branez

http://users.triera.net/zupanbra/

Back to top Go down

www.sm0vpo.com updated - inc PDF library Empty www.sm0vpo.com updated - inc PDF library

Post by admin Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:45 am

Hi all,
When I was in Spain I did not have access to the RaPI beside my bed in Sweden (www.sm0vpo.com hosting) so I was only able to update sm0vpo.altervista.org.

This weekend I updated the RaPI and also noticed that the PDF library was offline. It was pointing to an old IP-address.
So the 16,000 PDF files are now back online. If they go off I usually get some form of complaint, but this time that did not happen!

Anyway, Last night I saw that there is a minor link error to the STL / OBJ files in one of the 3D projects. I hope to get this corrected shortly.

-

New projects to come:
A "retro" AF amplifier using those blue/red transformers. It is the sort of amplifier used in 1960s / 70s transistor radios.
I am also working on a retro 455kHz IF amplifier. Sources for the transformers and coils will be given in the articles.

the 455kHz IF amplifier I want to use to make a mini HF receiver for AM and SSB/CW. Prototype PCB already completed :-)

Had a few guests staying with us over Christmas and NY so I was not able to do much. I did, however, build a 3D printed B126 battery (90v) for a vintage Vidor radio, complete with the Ever Ready battery case scan. It really looks like the original. I filled it with 30x 3v 2032 button batteries.

Little tip: When I was a kit I would "test" the PP3 9v batteries with my tongue. A bit violent, but today there are about 5 people a year dying from the unexpected fright of licking a 9v battery terminal. Do NOT attempt to lick the terminals of a 90v battery Neutral   I haven't done it myself, but I am pretty sure it would hurt.

Happy New year to everyone, or as the Swedes say "God fortsättning" (good continuation).
Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down