SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay

4 posters

Go down

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Empty Re: Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay

Post by sm0vpo Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:16 pm

Hi again,
It is interesting about the comments regarding the compression and decay.

The Decay setting was to remove the popping you hear between words when you have "pregnant pauses". A moment of silence can cause the gin to rise again, so that you get a sort overload "pop" when you start talking. I found this was most noticeable when reading a list of numbers.

If you a microphone with a very high output then this can put the processor into compression much earlier. Try reducing the input level, then the processor will give you a range from light to heavy. perhaps I should have added an input level divider preset so that it would take a wide range of microphones?

BR Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Empty SM0VPO Audio compressor

Post by vu3dxr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:22 pm

I made a double sided pcb using easyeda. please refer attached images.
point out errors and corrections if any.
If anyone need gerber file, revert me. i will send by email.
My email  vu3dxr@gmail.com

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Circui11
Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay 3d11
Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Top110

vu3dxr

sm0vpo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Empty Re: Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay

Post by Sieben Fri May 05, 2023 4:12 pm

indrasung wrote:Hello. The ICLM358 was damage. The new one is works. But I do not heard any differences of setting compression or decay setting min to max.
Yes, no difference. Strange too. I use dynamic mic with preamp.

Sieben

Back to top Go down

Post by indrasung Fri May 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Hello. The ICLM358 was damage. The new one is works. But I do not heard any differences of setting compression or decay setting min to max.

indrasung

Sieben likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by indrasung Thu May 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Hello Sieben, thanks for your response...
I measured some voltage, how could the voltage between R14 and C3 around 1Volt ? I have change suspected the 1uF capacitor but the 1V still there.
The c8, c9 temporarily disconnected. IC was unplug. I check the track is also correct. I don't understand where is the error, please help.
Thanks

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Af_com10

indrasung

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieben Thu May 04, 2023 1:44 pm

Well, it works without any such issues like warming LM, so the connections and short circuits should be checked along the board. The polarity as well too.

Also pay attention to pins of the bf245 mosfet. 
Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Bf245-10

The right way of mosfet pins markings, although D&S are interchangeable on them, this is not this case, as the layout are right, the mosfet pins should be crossed depending on the mounting side before to be fitted on the board. As an example, S&D to be with cross fit pins. 
Long story short. 
Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay 12310

And just general view.
Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay 12410

Sieben

sm0vpo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by indrasung Thu May 04, 2023 11:26 am

Oh Yes Sieben, it was a small red x. I was not seeing it.
My compressor did not work, IC is warm after several minutes ON. Could someone help with some voltage or current test point.
Thanks

indrasung

sm0vpo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieben Thu May 04, 2023 9:00 am

Hi.

Yes, and it was mentioned already also) Marked with "x" with an odd ground.

Sieben

indrasung likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by indrasung Thu May 04, 2023 8:25 am

sm0vpo wrote:Thank you very much Sieben & indrasun, for finding the error. I don't know how it happened. I had the prototype in my hand when I created the drawing.
I have to follow the tracks on the prototype boards but the CAD is drawn from the component side.

BR Harry - sm0vpo
 Hello I am in the middle making this compressor, I just found another pcb error near diode ( decay port ), I think according to schematic it should not be grounded.
See attached overlay picture. My version was matrix pcb include another roger blip, ssb equalizer and this compressor.

indrasung

Back to top Go down

Post by sm0vpo Wed May 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Thank you very much Sieben & indrasun, for finding the error. I don't know how it happened. I had the prototype in my hand when I created the drawing.
I have to follow the tracks on the prototype boards but the CAD is drawn from the component side.

BR Harry - sm0vpo

sm0vpo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by indrasung Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:27 pm

Yes, I just also found it was an pcb error at pin 5 and 6 of IC.

indrasung

Ruud, sm0vpo and Sieben like this post

Back to top Go down

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Empty Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay

Post by Sieben Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:20 pm

Hello!

Have found some errors with Speech Processor.
http://sm0vpo.altervista.org/audio/mic_processor.htm

So, here is the corrections that should be made: 

The 5th and 6 pins of LM358 should be swapped.

Marked point should be avoided, as its grounded where it shouldn't. 

Hope it will be helpful. 

Speech Processor by Harry Lythall - SM0VPO_Correction to overlay Mic_pr10

Sieben

Ruud, sm0vpo and indrasung like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down