SM0VPO Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9]

2 posters

Go down

Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9] Empty Re: Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9]

Post by admin Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:07 am

Hi Ivan,
Thank you very much for the link. That was interesting and have me a new start for searching. Aliexpress also want another 2 Euros for postage and then there will be Swedish customs charges. They have a "buy-from-China" fine in Sweden, which is about another 10 Euros.

If I google for the description in your link then there are loads of companies that sell that particular model portable flagpoles. I have ordered one of them, 2m, but I found it available from a Swedish flag shop, complete with flag Very Happy

EU flag - sold out
Swedish - sold out
Union Jack - sold out
Spanish - sold out
Gay pride - in stock -  Embarassed

Does anyone want a Gay-Pride flag, without the flagpole?

Thank you once more for the link. My pole was delivered this morning.

Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9] Empty Re: Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9]

Post by Ivan Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:21 am

Hi all,
a 2,5 m pole is here for 4,36 EUR. The grip should be made of plastic foam, so it perhaps can be removed using a knife.

VBR from Ivan

Ivan

admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9] Empty Telescopic aerial (antenna) element - 2m long 9-section - SEK80 (GB£7) [US$9]

Post by admin Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi guys,
As you are aware, I am playing about with HF aerials (antennas) that can cover 7MHz to 30MHz (possibly lower with bigger coils / capacity hats, etc). The the tread in the questions / info section.

I found the MFJ-1963 telescopic antenna, 72" (about 1.83m) at: https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-017123 (out of stock) at US$25. Unfortunately it has an imperial 10/32" threaded base. But you can solder to a small hose-clamp (jubilee clip) as I did with my 5.2m MFJ telescopic.

Now I started to think "outside the box" and found that stainless-steel telescopic pointers for teachers can be up to 2m long, and they cost ⅓ 0f the price. See  https://www.joom.com/en/products/1508227522473898119-244-1-709-3807975359

I have ordered a couple for my next 3D printed car roof mag-mount. The only thing I believe you have to do is to carefully cut off the plastic handle.
It would be well worth visiting your local stationery shop, or office materials shop, if you are interested in building the aerial (antenna).

Posted just in case you are interested. Very best regards from Harry - SM0VPO

admin
Admin

http://www.sm0vpo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down